- 1 cup chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon oil + for shallow frying
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
For potato layer
- 5 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons semolina
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for one minute. Add onion and sauté till light brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for two to three minutes. Add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper and mix well.
- Add chicken mince and mix well. Add ½ cup water and sauté till the chicken is cooked and the mixture is dry. Add vinegar, coriander and garam masala powder and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Add salt, pepper and corn flour to the potato and mix well.
- Take a portion of the potato mixture and flatten it out on your palm. Place a portion of the chicken filling in the center and shape into a patty.
- Take semolina in a plate add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Break eggs in a bowl add salt pepper and whisk well.
- Dip the cutlets in the eggs then coat in the crumb mixture.
- Shallow fry the cutlets in oil till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Source: My Art Of Cooking
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)