This chicken spaghetti is always popular, and it’s so easy to prepare for your family. This also makes a great potluck dish, or take it to an office party.
Preparation Time: 30 Min
Cooking Time: 30 Min
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb chicken, cleaned
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let the temperature cool down a little bit, and then shred the meat. Discard the bones.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté onion and add the shredded chicken.
- Put-in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Let boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, dried parsley, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Arrange spaghetti noodles in individual plates and pour the sauce over. Top shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!