- 300 grams chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper to tast
- patis/fish sauce to taste
- 3-4 cups broth
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni elbows
- Make chicken broth by puting chicken and 1 teaspoon salt in 4 cups of water. Bring to boil then to cook the chicken. When cooked, shred chicken and reserve broth for later.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot, saute garlic and onions then add the shredded chicken. Add 1 tsbp fish sauce and a dash of crushed pepper. Saute till chicken, is almost browned. Add the carrots and saute some more.
- Add 1/4 cup broth and let it simmer. Add the uncooked macaroni and mix well.
- Add the 3-4 cups broth that have been kept hot to the pot. (I usually heat the broth while I am sauteeing the ingredients for the sopas.).
- Cook until macaroni is almost done, around eight minutes or. Add the shredded cabbage and bring to a boil. At this point you may add more broth depending on your preference for a thick or thin sopas). When cabbage is cooked, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from fire then add 1/2 cup of milk. Mix everything then it is ready to serve.
Source: Pinoy Food Taste
Via: Chicken Sopas Recipe
(Visited 107 times, 1 visits today)