- 5-6 pieces chicken breast fillet, if you have turkey breast, the better because it’s bigger and easier to roll
- salt and ground pepper
- 250 g ground pork
- 50 g chorizo ( Spanish sausage), minced
- 3-4 pieces vienna sausage, sliced into small pieces or minced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons pitted green olives, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 30 g grated cheese
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 boiled eggs, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup red wine chicken
- 1/4 cup broth/water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Put all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well; cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer while you pound the chicken.
- Put each chicken breast in between two plastic wrap sheets, season with a little salt and black ground pepper and gently pound the chicken until it’s about 1/8- 1/4cm thick. Cut boiled egg into wedges.
- Form some filling into a small patty; put a wedge or two of boiled eggs in the center. Roll the chicken; secure with a tooth pick and place on a baking pan; brush with melted butter and bake for about 30 minutes or until browned on top. Take out of the oven, let cool for about 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with red wine gravy.
- Make the red wine gravy by collecting the drippings of the chicken rolls (pour the excess oil first); add a tablespoon of flour, cook while stirring for about two minutes then gradually pour in red wine; keep stirring to prevent lumps; add water to dilute, season with salt and grond black pepper. Let it simmer until reduced in half; taste it and adjust seasoning if needed then turn off heat; add a pat of butter to round up the flavor and stir. Pour over chicken or serve on the side.
Source: Home Cooking & Baking
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)