- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery and carrots 5 minutes. Sprinkle over flour and stir to absorb and cook out raw flour flavor.
- Pour in chicken broth and seasonings and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer and add in raw chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to a clean plate and shred. Add chicken back into pot.
- Stir in frozen corn and peas and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low for another 5 minutes and then serve.
- Serve with biscuits.
Source: Lauren’s Latest
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)