- ¾ lb linguini or fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb (2 medium) chicken breasts, trimmed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced (plus more to garnish if desired)
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp hot chilli flakes, (optional – omit if making for children)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus more to serve
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup chardonnay or other dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook pasta in salted water with 1 Tbsp olive oil until aldente according to package instructions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Trim chicken and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Heat a large deep pan or dutch oven with 2 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté the first side until golden brown (5 minutes), flip, cover and sauté another 5 min or until done. Remove from pan and rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- In the same pan (no need to rinse it), over med/high heat, add diced tomatoes, green onion, ¼ tsp chili flakes, 2 Tbsp chopped basil, pressed garlic clove and 4 Tbsp butter. Season with ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste. Add 1 cup wine and cook stirring occasionally until mixture is soft and most of the wine has evaporated.
- Once there is only ¼ cup liquid remaining, stir in ½ cup heavy cream and ½ tsp salt or season to taste.
- Add back the chicken then season to taste if needed. Warm through gently for 2 minutes then toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve with parmesan, chopped fresh parsley and more diced tomatoes for extra freshness.
Source: Natasha’s Kitchen
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)