- 1 whole chicken cut up
- Herbs De Provence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- ¾-1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with salt, pepper and herbs de provence
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken to the pan and continue to cook until it is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.
Source: Girl Raised In The South
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)