Preparation Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Packages Mina™ Chicken Thighs, skin removed
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Butternut squash , peeled, cut into bite-size cubes
- 5-6 Okra, sliced
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Chicken broth, divided
- 1 Large potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Chopped fresh cilantro
- HEAT 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high. Add chicken and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until brown. Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add tomato paste, cumin and cayenne. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- ADD tomatoes and cook over medium-high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add squash, okra, carrots and 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth. Stir in potatoes and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken back in the pan and add remaining broth until chicken is almost covered.
- REDUCE heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are very tender and internal temperature reaches 185˚F (85˚C). Stir in cilantro before serving.
(Visited 145 times, 1 visits today)