Chicken Inasal Kare-Kare:
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- Achuete oil (Achuete seeds + oil), for brushing
- Fried eggplant
- Kare-kare sauce mix
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc thumbsized ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, pounded and sliced
- Prepare the marinade.
- Soak chicken legs in marinade for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Skewer chicken legs, brush with achuete oil, and grill for 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- While waiting for this, fry eggplants. Also make kare kare sauce as directed in package, just omit part that involves the use of all the other ingredients.
- Once chicken is cooked, arrange sauce on plate, top with chicken inasal and scatter fried eggplant.
- Serve immediately.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)