Chicken and Peppers:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (13.5 oz) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1 mango, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook until little pink is visible. Add the bell peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and bring to a soft simmer, cooking until the chicken is completely cooked and peppers are tender. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with rice, if desired.
Source: Prevention RD
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)