- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (3g) pepper
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (28g) flour
- ½ cup (4oz) pale ale
- ¾ cup (180mL) heavy cream
- ½ cup (53g) shaved parmesan
- 6-8 large basil leaves, ribboned
- Sprinkle the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in a cold cast iron skillet. Place over medium high heat until the skin has browned, turn over and cook until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Add the bacon to skillet, cooking until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Pour out most of the fat in the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon still in it.
- Stir in the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds, sprinkle with flour stirring until the flour has been cooked, about 1 minute. Pour in the beer, scraping to deglaze the pan. Add the cream and reduce heat to medium.
- A hand full at a time stir in the cheese until well combined.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, cooking until chicken is warmed.
- Sprinkle with crispy bacon and basil. Serve immediately.
Source: The Beeroness
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)