Chicken and Ham Sopas is perfect during cold weather.
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 lb. chopped ham
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/2 lb. wide egg noodles or elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large baking potato, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a deep cooking pot.
- Put-in the butter to melt.
- Add-in the onions once the butter becomes hot.Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the celery ribs. Cook for 1 minute.
- add the ground chicken and ham. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and water. Let boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potato. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the evaporated milk. Allow to reboil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the noodles and thyme. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
(Visited 519 times, 1 visits today)