- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup cane vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp light olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sized carrots, sliced in about ½ inch think diagonals
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Let sit for about 15 minutes then marinate in soy sauce, vinegar and garlic powder for at least 1 hour. The longer the better. Drain and reserve marinade.
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown potatoes in light olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown chicken (on both sides). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in the same pan until tomatoes are soft. Add chicken broth, marinade and sugar. Season with salt and black pepper to suit your taste. Bring to a boil.
- Put back the chicken quarters. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add the carrots and simmer uncover for another 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked. Transfer chicken and carrots to a serving plate.
- Add potatoes to the sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer potatoes to the serving plate with chicken and carrots. Pour sauce on it. Serve with hot rice.
(Visited 5,586 times, 1 visits today)