Chicken Embutido Recipe
Embutido is a type of Filipino steamed meatloaf. Today, we are featuring Chicken Embutido, which is a meatloaf made from ground chicken. This recipe is simple and hassle-free. You should be able to enjoy your own chicken embutido within an hour – and you will have the right to brag this to your friends too.
Try this Chicken Embutido Recipe. Enjoy!
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 12
- 3 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 large red bell pepper, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup minced carrots
- ¾ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, carrots, bell peppers, onion, raisins, sweet relish, cheese, and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Pour-in the olive oil. Add the salt and pepper. Continue to stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Put the eggs and bread crumbs in the mixing bowl. Continue to mix with the other ingredients.
- Wrap the mixture (around 1 to 1¼ cup) in aluminum foil. Do this step until all the mixture are consumed.
- Arranged the chicken embutido in a steamer. Steam for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the steamed embutido from the steamer. Let it cool down. You can also place it in the fridge.
- Slice the embutido and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve chilled. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video:
Recommended for you