- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally, pounded thin
- 2 T. flour
- generous amounts of salt and pepper
- 4 T. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 2 t. cornstarch
- 1 t. grainy mustard
- 1 T. butter
- Prepare chicken breasts but cutting in half horizontally and pounded thin between two sheets of plastic wrap. This will give you 8 thin chicken cutlets.
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge chicken cutlets, shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, adding in the olive oil.
- Place chicken in the pan may have to do two batches depending on size of skillet and cook 3 minutes a side or until done. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until slightly brown.
- Meanwhile combine chicken stock, mustard and cornstarch, whisking to combine. Add this to the mushrooms and allow to thicken, about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Place the cooked chicken back in the pan, cover with a lid and allow to simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Swirl in 1 T. of butter and serve hot.
Source: Ally’s Sweet And Savory Eats
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)