Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 kg chicken, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2-3 green chillis slit length wise
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala pwd (2″ dalchini, 2 green cardamom, 6 cloves finely ground
- fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp-2 tbsp oil
Make a paste:
- 1 large onion
- 3-4 green chillis
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 10-12 cashewnuts, soaked in 2-3 tbsps milk for 15 mts
- Marinate the chicken in coriander pwd, turmeric pwd, ginger garlic paste, 2 slit green chillis and few mint leaves for 10-15 mts. Soak the cashewnuts in 2-3 tbsps milk for 10-15 mts.
- Make a paste of onion, green chillis, grated coconut, coriander leaves, mint leaves and cashewnuts. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the green chillis and chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook on high heat for 4-5 mts, combining the ingredients once in a while.
- Reduce to medium heat, add the ground paste and salt and combine well. Let the chicken cook in this paste for 8-10 mts, uncovered. Cook till oil separates. There is no need to add water as the chicken cooks in its own water.
- Finally add the garam masala pwd, combine well and remove the contents to a pressure cooker. Pressure cook the chicken for 3-4 mts or upto one whistle. Turn off heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with white steamed rice, biryani or chapatis.
(Visited 260 times, 1 visits today)