This Filipino recipe is a creamy stew with a mild curry flavor, cooked with coconut milk, potatoes and bell peppers.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hr 30 min
- 2 chicken breasts cut into serving portions
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 small carrot sliced
- 1/4 cabbage cut into 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder (you can add more if you want it spicy)
- 1 can coconut milk (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Heat oil in the casserole over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Add in the chicken until the juice runs clear.
- Add in the curry powder and mix until equally distributed to the chicken. Then add the coconut milk and the broth. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the calamansi juice, carrots, potatoes and sugar. Mix well. Let it simmer until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)