- 2 chicken breast halves, around 10oz/300g each
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 to 6 slices of ham, about 2.5oz/75g
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise, preferably whole egg
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Oil spray
Dijon Cream Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp thyme leaves (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, as per the photo below.
- Fold the cheese in half and place 2 pieces inside each pocket. Do the same with the ham. Close the pocket and transfer to baking tray.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread onto the surface of the chicken.
- Sprinkle panko over the chicken, using your other hand to press the breadcrumbs onto the side of the chicken.
- Spray with oil then bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and just cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before serving with the Dijon Cream Sauce.
Dijon Cream Sauce
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add flour and cook for 1½ minutes.
- Add half the milk and whisk until the flour mixture is blended in.
- Add remaining milk, mustard and cheese. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened. It will thicken as it cools.
- Remove from heat, stir through thyme leaves and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chicken.
Source: Recipe Tin Eats
Via: Chicken Cordon Bleu
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)