- 8 strips bacon
- 750 g minced chicken, 90 per cent lean
- 2 tbsps rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml (½ cup) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 baps, split
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into 8 slices
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 250ml (1 cup) finely shredded cos lettuce
Heat the griddle to medium:
- Place the strips of bacon on the griddle (lie them across the grate so they don’t fall through) and griddle for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Increase the heat of the griddle to high.
- Form the meat into four (250 g) burgers, brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Griddle the burgers until golden brown on both sides and cooked completely through, about 5 minutes per side. Top the burgers with the blue cheese, close the cover and continue cooking until the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute longer.
- Place the burgers on the bottom half of each bap and top with a slice of tomato, two slices of avocado, two slices of bacon and some of the dressed cos lettuce. Cover each burger with the bap tops and serve.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)