Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, especially when fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup salted roasted whole cashews
- Chop scallions, separating white and green parts.
- Pat chicken dry, then cut into 3/4-inch pieces and toss with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately.
- Add oil, swirling to coat, then stir-fry chicken until golden in places and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and scallion whites to wok and stir-fry until peppers are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar, then stir into vegetables in wok. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cashews, scallion greens, and chicken along with any juices accumulated on plate. Serve with rice
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)