- 1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into serving pieces
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz bacon, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces champignon (button, cremini) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) pelati (stewed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Season chicken with salt and dredge in flour. Brown pieces in 2 tablespoons olive oil until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add bacon to the same pan and render until crispy. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to the same pan. Add chopped onion, pepper, mushrooms, and minced garlic; sauté until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Add chicken pieces and bacon back to sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes. Serve with cooked pasta (I used spelt pasta).
Source: Diet Taste
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)