- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- thumb-sized ginger, chopped then squashed
- 4 pcs chicken legs, cut into chunks
- 3 pcs young coconut (juice & meat)
- 200 grams fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- peppercorns & salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- a bunch of fresh spinach or malunggay leaves
- Beat canola oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Be careful not to burn ’em, or you will have a burnt flavor soup.
- Toss in all the chicken pieces then pour a tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Saute until the chicken meat releases its own juice without adding water. stir often.
- Shop open the top shell of the three young coconut and pour all the fresh coconut juice into the chicken pot. let boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Scrape the young coconut meat and mix it with the chicken.
- Drop about 7 to 10 pieces of peppercorns.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Put the sliced fresh oyster mushrooms into the simmering soup.
- Let boil for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach leaves, and continue to simmer for another minute.
- Season with salt to taste.
Source: Philippines Food Recipes
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)