- 1 pound uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package precooked chicken strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and oil in a large bowl, and toss well.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add asparagus, onion, hot sauce, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta, salt, black pepper, chicken, and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese; sprinkle with paprika.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)