- 8 chicken thighs, skin trimmed to remove excess fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper, and paprika for seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- ½ cup cooking Sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ¼ pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly and lightly sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, combine the butter and oil over medium-high heat on stovetop.
- When melted and heated through, carefully add the chicken pieces, skin side down.
- Cook until skin is golden brown. Carefully turn. Cook until underside is seared.
- Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle flour over remaining juices in pan on stovetop.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth over medium heat, making sure there are no lumps.
- Gradually add the Sherry, continuing to whisk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the garlic and rosemary.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the sauce. Allow to simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and continue to simmer until heated through.
- Add additional salt and pepper to sauce, if desired.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain off excess fat, transfer thighs back to skillet.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
Source: The Log Home Kitchen
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)