- 200-250g boneless chicken thigh (or breast), cut into bite-size pieces
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cob sweet corn
- A handful of rocket leaves (or chili leaves)
- Salt (optional)
- Unhusk the corn and remove silk strands. Using a sharp knife, separate the kernels from the cob. Set aside. Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a big saucepan. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and sauté for about a minute. Season with patis and freshly ground pepper. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Add corn kernels, cover with a lid and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste. Adjust seasoning with patis and pepper, and if necessary with a bit of salt. You may scoop out the chicken so as not to overcook or leave them to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the rocket leaves and close with a lid. Leave for a minute or 2. Serve warm.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)