- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 heads of onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut-up
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 1 cup water
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. atsuete powder (optional)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil. Saute garlic and onion.
- Slip chicken on the skillet. Saute for about 5-8 minutes. Season with fish sauce. Cook until fish sauce blended with the chicken.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Then add the bay leaves and atsuete powder.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook at a very slow bubble about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- And serve your CHICKEN AFRITADA with steaming white rice.
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)