- 1 kg chicken cut into serving size
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 227 g ( 8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- green peas ( I omitted)
- Salt ( I used Lawry’s Seasoned Salt) and pepper to taste
- In a wok,heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the red and yellow bell pepper just for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsp of olive oil and pan fry the chicken in batches. Remove from pan and set aside. Reserve the liquid marinade ( discard the garlic).
- In a casserole, saute the onion and garlic. Add in the chicken, tomato sauce, marinade, and sugar. Simmer until chicken is almost done.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Continue cooking until chicken is done.
- Season with salt and black pepper if desired. Add in the bell peppers and cover the pan. Turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.
Source: Simply Anne’s
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)