- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (or ½ cup regular soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup distilled white or cane vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 dried red chili (optional)
- steamed jasmine rice, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Rinse the chicken pieces and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat and add the oil. Brown the chicken on all sides until crisp.
- Add in the coconut milk, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, bay leaves, garlic, and chili. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and allow to simmer for 1 hour (add a bit of hot water if you need more liquid).
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking, crank up the heat to medium high to thicken the sauce slightly. Serve over rice, and garnish with cilantro, if using.
Source: The Woks of Life
Via: Chicken Adobo
(Visited 120 times, 1 visits today)