- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño pepper slices, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups grilled thinly sliced chicken
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup yellow cheddar cheese ( I didn’t have)
For the garnish:
- Fresh cilantro, chopped,
- Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Pickled or fresh jalapenos, finely chopped
- Green olives sliced (optional)
For The Sauce:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is tender, then add cumin, salt, pepper & flour.
- Stir in the broth and cook on high, whisking periodically until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the pickled jalapenos and cream, then cook another 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
For The Filling:
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the chicken.
- Place about ⅓ of the filling onto each tortilla, roll up and arrange seam side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Once all enchiladas are in the dish, top them with the remaining sauce.
- Bake covered, in a 180 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and if desired the chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes uncovered.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: My Art Of Cooking
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)