- 2.25 pounds ground beef round (85% lean)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more for spicier burgers)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 loaf garlic bread (cooked according to package directions)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground round and spices. Mix well.
- Divide the seasoned meat into 12 equal size pieces.
- Flatten each piece into a thin disc, about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Spread a teaspoon of ricotta cheese on the center of 6 patties (1 teaspoon for each patty). Be careful not to go to edges. Keep the ricotta just in the center.
- Break each slice of provolone cheese into fourths.
- Place 3-4 pieces of provolone cheese on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Take the remaining flattened patties and press each on top of the cheese-topped patties. Press the edges of the patties together to seal well so the cheese does not escape during cooking.
- Heat a gas grill to 400 degrees.
- Place the patties on the grill and cover the grill. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once or twice as needed, until the patties reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- To serve the sandwiches, place a cooked patty on a piece of garlic bread. Top with sauce and a few leaves of spinach. Top with another piece of garlic toast.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Taste Of Lizzy T’s
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)