Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- ¼ cup baby garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 coriander roots, scraped, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 400 g pork belly, finely sliced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) oyster sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
Tamarind dipping sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) tamarind water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pounded galangal
- ½ tsp pounded garlic
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sliced coriander
- Marinating time: 1 hour
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, coriander root and coriander seeds to a fine paste. Place the pork belly in a large bowl. Add the paste, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce and pepper. Mix well. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to marinate (or overnight, if possible).
- Bring a barbecue or chargrill to medium-high heat. Grill the pork belly for 8-10 minutes each side.
- Chop the belly into 2 cm-thick pieces. Serve with the tamarind dipping sauce
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)