- 1 whole organic chicken, giblets removed, cleaned and dried
- 1 bottle of chardonnay
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme plus more for garnish if desired
- Course sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon corn starch
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Salt and pepper cavity of chicken and fill with 1/2 the lemons and onions and all of the thyme. Place in roasting pan and add the remaining lemons and onions to the pan. Rub chicken generously with salt and pepper. Shake on garlic powder. Pour Chardonnay into the roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Roast for an additional hour. Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Remove lemons from the roasting pan and place the pan on the stove over medium-high heat. When the drippings and chardonnay come to a boil, whisk in corn starch until blended. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until slightly thick. Carve chicken and serve gravy on the side. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
Source: Salted And Styled
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)