Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Servings: 8 – 10
- 1 (1 Pound) Package Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled & Chopped
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 Medium Ripe Pears, Peeled, Cored & Cut Into Small Dice
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped, Lightly Toasted Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- Egg Wash:
- 1 Medium Egg Beaten With A Tablespoon of Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of both the oil and butter until hot over medium heat, then add the onions and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and cook, stirring often, until the onions are very soft and lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan and heat over medium heat, then add the pears.
- Cook the pears, stirring often until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine the onions and pears along with the parsley in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and cut the puff pastry into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on the baking sheet, and brush the tops with the beaten egg mixture.
- Take about 3/4 of a teaspoon of the pear and onion mixture and mound it into the center of each puff pastry square.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the pear mixture, then do the same with the blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake until the pastry is very puffed and golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)