Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 500 g basa, silver perch or cod cutlets
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp shaved palm sugar (jaggery)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 g boneless pork belly, finely sliced
- 200 ml young coconut juice
- 4 green onions, white part only
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red Asian shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp shaved palm sugar (jaggery)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinating time 10 minutes
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add the fish and turn to coat in the marinade, then cover and marinate for 10 minutes. Drain off and reserve the marinade.
- Place a wok or frying pan over a low heat. Add the vegetable oil and palm sugar and cook until the sugar has caramelised, stirring a little as it starts to colour.
- Add the garlic and pork belly and stir-fry for 15 seconds, then immediately add the marinated fish. Coat the fish with the caramel, then add the reserved marinade and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut juice and simmer for a further 6 minutes, skimming off any impurities that rise to the surface.
- Serve sprinkled with the spring onion, pepper and chilli.
(Visited 173 times, 1 visits today)