- ¼ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 lbs)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pour the flour into a large ziptop bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat the chicken in the flour.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the oil. Brown the chicken in the pan, working in batches, if needed, and adding more oil if needed. Place the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, ketchup, mustard, onion, Worcestershire and salt. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Baste the chicken with the sauce every 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.
Source: Taste And Tell
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)