- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half or lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 3 large pieces of catfish fillets, cut into 1 inch servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can alfredo sauce or 1/2 cup white sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix half and half and cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Add catfish and toss gently.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet and add catfish mixture. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the catfish mixture in a shallow casserole coated with cooking spray.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter. Saute the onions, mushrooms, and chopped
- parsley until onions are clear. Add shrimp and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture over catfish.
- Drizzle white sauce over the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle the cheese. If using alfredo sauce, dilute the sauce with 1/2 of water or chicken broth before drizzling over the shrimp mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with the parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Melt butter in pan. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half and half, stirring until sauce is thick.
- Add more half and half if sauce is too thick.
Source: Cafe Nilson
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)