- 1 kilo bone-in beef shank and beef chunks
- 1 whole native onion
- 3 pieces garlic, skinned and pierced with a sharp knife
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1/8 tablespoon peppercorns
- patis (fish sauce)
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced in 3
- 1 piece whole corn, chopped in 3’s
- 4 pieces potato, skinned and halved
- In a casserole over high heat, place beef pieces. Pour water just enough to cover them. Meanwhile, add onion, peppercorns,garlic and bay leaf. Season with patis. Boil. Remove beef excess (scum) as it surfaces.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and continue simmering for a solid two hours or until the meat is fork tender. Keep covered.
- Remove casserole from heat.Remove beef pieces and transfer to a serving bowl. Strain broth and return to heat. Boil.
- Add corn and potatoes. You can add other vegetables of your choice. Simmer. Add cabbage leaves and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Take vegetables from broth and arrange with the beef pieces. Pour hot broth and serve.
Source: Philippine Cuisine
Via: Bulalo Recipe
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)