Bulalo is a beef dish that is made out of beef shanks, marrow bones and assortment of vegetables and spices. What makes this dish special is that is has a very satisfying and rich-flavored broth. This broth is produced when the beef shanks and marrow bones are boiled to perfection, until the fat and collagen of the beef meat and bones melted and mixed with the flavors of vegetables and spices.
- 2 lbs beef shank
- ½ pc small cabbage, whole leaf individually detached
- 1 small bundle Pechay
- 3 pcs Corn, each cut into 3 parts
- 2 tbsp Whole pepper corn
- 1/2 cup Green onions
- 1 medium sized onion
- 34 ounces water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- In a big cooking pot, pour in water and bring to a boil
- Put-in the beef shank followed by the onion and whole pepper corn then simmer for 1.5 hours (30 mins if using a pressure cooker) or until meat is tender.
- Add the corn and simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add the fish sauce,cabbage, pechay, and green onion (onion leeks)
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!