- 2 beef leg bones, cut into 3-4 pcs each
- 1.5 kg beef shanks
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 2 pcs large corn, cut into 5 pieces per corn
- 5 stalks spring onions, chopped
- leafy vegetables like bok choy or cabbage
- sea salt and/or fish sauce
- fine egg noodles
- spring onions, chopped
- crispy fried shallots
- Place beef bones on a deep pot together with onions and peppercorns.
- Add water until bones are entirely covered.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2.5 hours, set it aside and keep it cool once cooled down remove the bones and set it aside. Using a sieve strain the broth and place it in a large bowl, place it on the fridge until the oil rises to the top and hardens, now you can easily separate it out then throw it away, you will not be using this unhealthy fat.
- Place beef shanks and cooked bones on a deep pot then the clear broth, bring this to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes, remove any scum that rises. Add corn then continue to simmer for an hour.
- Add your leafy vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Flavour with salt or fish sauce, season with freshly ground pepper.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions then place in a noodle bowl, add some beef shanks as well as some vegetables. Pour some soup into the bowl then garnish it with chopped spring onion and crispy fried shallots. Serve.
Source: Ang Sarap
Via: Bulalo Mami
(Visited 106 times, 1 visits today)