Buko Salad is the Filipino variation of the fruit salad, it is usually made out of mixed fruits, nata de coco, kaong (sugar palm), coconut, thickened cream and condensed milk. This dessert is a mainstay in every special occasion in the Philippines like birthdays, fiesta, weddings, Christmas and New Year’s dinner so this coming Christmas you should definitely make one if you haven’t tried something like this before. It’s one of the easiest desserts to make and theres no cooking involved.
What Are the Benefits of Young Coconut Meat?
♥ Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite
♥Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance
♥Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
♥Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes
♥Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease
♥Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL)
♥Restores and supports thyroid function
♥Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection
♥Promotes weight loss
♥Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection
Preparation Time: 20 min
- young coconut meat from 5 coconuts, sliced into strips
- 1 container sugar palm (kaong), drained
- 1 cup nata de coco, drained
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup condensed milk (adjust to the sweetness you like)
- 1 cup thickened cream or whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine together young coconut, sugar palm, nata de coco, fruit cocktail and pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail.
- Make sure all ingredients are properly drained.
- Place thickened cream in a container then gently fold the condensed milk.
- Pour the cream mixture on the fruit mixture then mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.