- 2-4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (The amount you need depends on how many people you’re feeding. The salad easily feeds four.)
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce (I used Frank’s), plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hearts Romaine, cut into 1-inch strips (about 8 cups)
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your broiler.
- Combine the hot sauce and olive oil. Coat the chicken in the mixture and allow to marinate while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, buttermilk, vinegar, and vinegar. Stir in the blue cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Once all of the ingredients are prepped, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Place the cookie sheet in your oven and broil until chicken is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, turning once during cooking time.
- Toss the shredded lettuce with the carrots, celery, green onion, and blue cheese dressing.
- Divide the salad among your plates and top with the Buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle with more hot sauce and sprinkle with more blue cheese, if desired.
Source: Chew Nibble Nosh
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)