- 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 T. coarse grain mustard
- ½ C. water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Bison New York Strip Steaks
- Preheat grill to medium. In large skillet, heat two teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently for about five minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook until onion is golden, about ten minutes. If mixture becomes too dry, add a little water. In a small bowl whisk mustard with water and add to onion and pepper mixture and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat and cover. Brush steaks lightly with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill about three minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve spoon the onion and pepper mixture onto a platter and top with steaks. At the dinner table spoon mixture over steaks and enjoy.
- Keep in mind, bison contains less fat than regular beef, requires less cooking time, and will be dry if over-cooked.
Source: Cooking On The Ranch
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)