Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 (28 Ounce) Can Peeled San Marzano Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 3/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 2 Anchovy Fillets
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1/2 to 3/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- 1 Pound Bucatini Pasta (or Spaghetti)
- To Serve:
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large (13 x 9 inch) oven-proof casserole dish, combine the tomatoes, garlic, onion, anchovies, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring halfway until the garlic and onions are very soft, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Either use a potato masher (for chunky sauce) or a hand blender (for smoother sauce) and break up and mash the garlic.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water until it is “al dente”.
- Drain, reserving a small cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot, and add the sauce and about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Turn the heat to high, and stirring constantly, cook until the pasta is piping hot and the sauce clings to the pasta.
- Stir in the basil, and serve topped with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)