Total Time: 20 min
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking : 5 min
- Brown Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1-1/2 cups
- Carrot – 1 – chopped
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 – chopped
- Green Bell Pepper – 1/2 – chopped
- Asparagus – 4 spears – chopped
- Zucchini – 1/2 – chopped
- Spring Onions / Scallions – 2
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Sesame oil / Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Cook the brown basmati rice according to below instructions.
- When done fluff with fork and spread on a plate to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a wok in medium-high heat and add the spring onion whites.
- After 2 minutes, add the chopped asparagus.
- In 2-minute intervals add the carrots, zucchini, green bell peppers, red bell peppers one by one and saute continuously. Add the salt and pepper and immediately add the cooked cooled brown rice and mix well.
- Remove from heat, check for seasoning and mix in the spring onion greens. Serve hot with ketchup or any curry of your choice.
How to cook brown basmati rice in Pressure Cooker: Wash and soak 1 cup of rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and pressure cook with one and a half cups of water for 6 whistles. This is a rice-water ratio and number of whistles I got through trial-and error method. Other non-basmati brown rice may need different amount of water and cook time.