Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
This broccoli soup is filling and delicious, and in fact tastes creamy but has no added dairy.
- 1 Large Head Broccoli
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled And Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Starchy Potato, Peeled And Cut Into 1 Inch Dice
- 4 Cups Homemade Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Gremolata Topping:
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 – 2 Garlic Clove, Peeled
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- Cut the broccoli florets into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel the broccoli stems and cut them into 1 inch pieces as well.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and cook the onion until very soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook another minute, then add the potatoes, broth, and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes until the broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Use a hand blender and puree the mixture until very smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
- Combine the parsley, lemon zest and garlic on a cutting board and chop together until very fine.
- Serve the soup in bowls topped with a sprinkling of the gremolata.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)