- 2 lbs. chicken gizzards
- 1 teaspoon ground annatto seeds (bija or achiote)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 crushed and chopped garlic cloves
- 1 sliced red or white onion
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 cup of water
- On a medium to large sauce pan, add the oil and allow to warm on medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and the onions and stir until onions are almost transparent.
- Add the chicken gizzards and stir.
- Add the cumin, annatto seeds, cilantro and salt, distributing them equally around.
- Stir and add the water.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and taste. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve with your favorite rice dish and salad.
Source: Life Bites
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)