- 2-3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbls. cornstarch
- 2 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger or more if you like a stronger ginger flavor
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper – or more if you like it spicy
- 2 tbls. applesauce, sweetened or not
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbls. ketchup
- 1 tbls. cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- Whisk all ingredients into a crockpot. Add chicken and coat with mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Source:My Recipe Journey
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)