- 1 3/4 lbs. boneless, skinless thighs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, opt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 egg
- oil, for frying
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat about 2 inches of oil in a large skillet or dutch oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. In a large bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, celery seed, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Add 1/4 cup of buttermilk to flour and mix. In another dish whisk together 1/2 cup buttermilk and egg.
- Take chicken bites and coat with flour and then dip in egg mixture. Allow excess to dip off and then coat in flour again to double coat it. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Fry in small batches until golden and no longer pink in the middle, about 5 mins. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Coat chicken with sauce and serve.
Source: Forkful Of Comfort
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)