Servings: 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)
- 1 center-cut bacon slice
- 1 cup vertically sliced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned black beans (such as Bush’s), drained and divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño to drippings in pan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Place onion mixture in a small bowl. Lightly mash 1 cup beans. Add mashed beans, cumin, salt, and remaining beans to pan; cook 2 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
- Combine vinegar, mayonnaise, and black pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coleslaw, cilantro, and green onions; toss to coat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide bean mixture evenly among tortillas. Top evenly with onion mixture and coleslaw mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)