- 1 kilo Bilong-bilong, gutted and cleaned
- 1/2 kilo rock salt (or more)
- Clean bilong-bilong with water then drain.
- In a container with lid, make alternate layers of the fish and salt, the latter in the bottom layer.
- Cover and store in a cool, dry place (not in the fridge) for the next few days.
- Drain excess fluid everyday in the next 2-5 days.
- On the 6th day, wash the fish to remove excess salt and dry them using a paper towel.
- Fry fish lightly and set aside.
- Saute garlic and tomatoes and add fried fish. Then add vinegar and adjust sourness with water.
- Boil for around 5 minutes. Adjust flavor to suit your taste
Source: Ilo-Ilo Food Trip
(Visited 124 times, 1 visits today)